Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Research Papers

Week seven already, wow! So, we have all been working hard on our research papers, and this week, we are sharing them with our peers. I know peer review can be very helpful, but it can also be a bit intimidating. I am feeling a little better about sharing my writing. I used dread even the thought of having to share my writing, with anyone. I think the more you do it, the better you get, and that builds your confidence.
I found a lot of great information regarding my topic, which is Aspergers Syndrome. As I have mentioned before, my son has AS. So, I have researched the topic before and had some previous knowledge on the subject. At first, I found it a bit difficult to write a research paper on this subject; it was hard not to include my real-life situations and knowledge. It took me a while, but, I got myself straight (lol). I was also in such awe as I was retrieving information; it was like someone was writing about my son. It was kind of nice to be able to take the time to dig deeper into this disorder, it has given me an even better understanding of his ways of thinking and communicating. I found some great tips for parents of AS kids, and for a short time, I felt like I wasn’t going this alone.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend! We have been having beautiful weather here in PA, it’s about time, and it was really starting to get to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment